How to root a Pixel
Magisk Manager patching a boot image to root a Pixel device.
- Patch Boot Image
- Download files:
- Magisk Manager - Download to your phone
- The latest Stable/Beta Magisk Manager from Magisk by topjohnwu
- Install Magisk Manager
- Open Magisk Manager ==> Tap Menu ==> Settings ==> Update Channel ==> Set the channel to the channel that matches the Magisk Manager (Stable, Beta or Canary) you downloaded.
- Tap back and Press Install ==> Press Install again ==> Select Patch a File ==> Select the boot.img file you extracted from the latest factory image
- Magisk Manager will patch the boot.img and store the patched boot.img in the download folder.
- Copy the magisk_patched.img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder or the folder that has fastboot.exe in it.
- Boot fastboot mode
- Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
- Open a Command Prompt in the folder you copied the magisk_patched.img to.
fastboot flash boot --slot all magisk_patched.img
- at the Prompt and press enter.
- Reboot System
- Important Note: If your phone boot loops: Flash the 'stock' boot.img to both slots:
fastboot flash boot --slot all boot.img