How to enter recovery mode on a iPhone
iphone 7 and below method
- Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
- After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
iPhone 8 and above method
- Make sure the device powered on.
- Press and release volume up and then do the same with volume down
- Press and hold the sleep wake side button and keep holding it until the device reboots and you see the recovery screen above.