What you will learn in this course
This course is broken down into 12 sections, and while each of these focuses on a unique topic, they all come together to help you the developer learn how to build a portfolio of apps. Throughout the class you'll build 5 fully functional apps that can be uploaded to the Google Play Store, each utilizing more challenging and rewarding topics. Upon completion of this course you'll gain a Phonlab Android Development Certification and have an impressive portfolio of apps to show off to friends, family, and prospective employers.
The goal of this class is to cover all the materials a student needs to pass Google's Android Certification Exam, as well as dive into some more interesting tidbits of info that can really make your apps pop. Some of the key topics covered include...
- Constructing unique layouts using XML and Java code
- Following best practices for creating efficient user interfaces
- Understand Android's top-level application components
- Make internet connections and live stream data from 3rd party websites
- Utilize background threads to run multiple processes simultaneously
- Master persistent storage to create databases inside our apps
- Write logic that allows our apps to interact with other apps on your phone
- Create and display notifications to the user
- Learn about standard practices for audio to create a more immersive experience
- Write apps in Kotlin, Android's newest programming language adopted within the past year
- Sync apps with Google's Firebase to improve our production speed and possibilities
- Publish apps on the Google Play Store for millions of users to download
- The list goes on and on...so just keep going to find out what else!